SECOND TIME AROUND Thrift & Gift Shop
- Second Time Around Gift & Thrift shop began over 40 years ago as a way to generate funds to assist children's charities around the North Shore.
- In 2000, Shore Community Services, assisting children and adults with developmental disabilities, became the sole charity to receive shop proceeds.
- Staffed by volunteers, we offer an organized, clean and friendly boutique shopping atmosphere. Customers enjoy the experience and return time and time again to hunt for bargains and that possible treasure of a lifetime!
- We constantly evolve to keep the shop current and to meet the changing needs of our customers. We continue to find new avenues to obtain merchandise so that stock is fresh and ever-changing. Our donors continue to give us many quality, gently used items. ALL proceeds generated go directly to Shore.
Shore's mission is to improve the quality of life for citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities through community-based services providing education/training, residential, vocational and related programs.
- Individuals who come to us have challenges including autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and many secondary mental and physical disabilities. We offer programs for infants to seniors from the North Shore and the north side of Chicago.
- Currently, Shore serves over 400 children and adults. For over 67 years they have served Evanston, Skokie, Morton Grove and numerous surrounding communities.
- We are proud to be associated with this fine agency. Shore is a not-for-profit agency that is accredited by CARF International and has a GuideStar Platinum Rating, which less than 5% of agencies obtain.
Thank you for supporting Shore Community Services! For more information visit www.shoreservices.org.